Amish Apple Fritter Bread: A Homestyle Delight
Step into the heart of homestyle baking with our Amish Apple Fritter Bread – a recipe that pays homage to tradition while delivering a burst of apple-infused goodness. Inspired by the warmth of Amish kitchens and the simplicity of farmstead living, this bread captures the essence of comfort and flavor. Imagine a loaf that combines the sweetness of apple fritters with the tenderness of homemade bread, and you’ve entered the realm of this delightful creation. Join us as we explore the art of crafting Amish Apple Fritter Bread, where each slice is a journey into the embrace of wholesome flavors.
For the Bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups peeled, cored, and diced apples (preferably a mix of sweet and tart varieties)
For the Fritter Swirl:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Making the Bread Batter:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined.
- Gently fold in the diced apples until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
Fritter Swirl and Baking:
- In a small bowl, mix together the sugar and cinnamon for the fritter swirl.
- Pour half of the bread batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Sprinkle half of the fritter swirl mixture over the batter.
- Add the remaining batter on top and finish with the remaining fritter swirl mixture.
- Use a knife to gently swirl the batter to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Glazing the Bread:
- While the bread is cooling, prepare the glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Once the bread has cooled for about 10 minutes, drizzle the glaze over the top.
- Allow the bread to cool completely before slicing.
Perfect your Amish Apple Fritter Bread with these expert tips:
- Apple Selection: Choose a mix of sweet and tart apple varieties like Honeycrisp and Granny Smith for a balanced flavor.
- Gentle Folding: When incorporating the diced apples into the batter, use a gentle folding motion to avoid crushing the fruit.
- Marbled Swirl Technique: Use a knife to create a marbled swirl effect, ensuring an even distribution of cinnamon-sugar throughout the bread.
- Glazing Consistency: Adjust the glaze consistency by adding more milk for a thinner drizzle or more powdered sugar for a thicker coating.
Continue Reading On Next Page…